Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Stem Cell Therapy For Delayed Union
Alisony (62.74.15.---)   8:16am Oct 28 2017

I never thought I'd be posting a message about delayed union. My car accident was in May. In August I went FWB after XRays showed that the healing was doing fine. However I was really shocked and surprised that my OS said I had a delayed union after seeing my October XRays.

Another problem I had was that one of my screws had come loose and was starting to poke through my ankle causing irritation and pain. So my OS decided to do a double surgery. He removed the screw at my ankle and injected my tibia with stem cells taken from my hip. It was extremely unnerving being in the operation theatre again, but certainly with the screw I had no choice. The stem cells should also help me have union of the tibia.

I followed the OS's instructions very carefully throughout my recovery, but I've learned since that high impact fractures of the tibia are notorious for delayed and non-unions. I truly hope that I can now put this whole episode behind me.

18 May 17 - car crash- fractured tib fib
19 May - Surgery 2 plates 17 screws
23 May - short cast TTWB
7 July - PWB
7 Aug - Single Crutch
17 Aug - FWB walking without crutches
27 Oct - Stem Cell therapy for delayed union and loose screw removal

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Stem Cell Therapy For Delayed Union  new
Alisony  8:16am Oct 28 2017
 Re: Stem Cell Therapy For Delayed Union  new
Carolyn CL  4:18pm Nov 1 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 November 2017