Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Horse riding accident and a broke leg
chelseaTimmins    7:53pm Nov 3 2017

Hi my name's Chelsea I've been riding horses since I was 8, I'm 21 now. Never had any injuries from it but last weekend... you guessed it, I broke my leg riding. Last Saturday I was home from college visiting my parents on the ranch that I grew up on in Texas (I go to college at Oklahoma State) riding my favorite horse, Bella. She spooked I still don't know why and threw me off I landed with all my weight on my left leg I heard a pop but didn't feel pain and didn't know what happened till I tried to stand up. I fell right back down and the pain definitely set in then - by far the worst of my life. My dad called an ambulance and my worst fears were confirmed at the hospital, I broke my left tibia and 2 places and fibula in 2 places. Surgery was recommended but since the fractures were pretty clean, not required. The idea of surgery scared me so I chose against it. Unfortabely that means I get to wear a full length (toes to thigh) hot pink leg cast for around 16 weeks with no weight on it. I can't imagine having this thing on that long! How am I gonna make it? After that I'll get a half leg Fiberglas slast for around 8 weeks and a boot after that. I am expected to make a full recovery but it will take a long time. I got the cast yesterday and the pain is better. Still on pain pills but it only gets to crying level when I stand up or move my toes just so. My main concern is how this will change my lifestyle. I'm a college student and I do plan on being in class soon. How do I get around campus and stay active in such a big cast? I also need help knowing how to dress for the winter as I'm going to be in this thing all winter. It doesn't get real cold here but cold enough. How do I cover my toes? Im going to have many more questions real soon I y'all will be kind enough to help me out. Thanks for reading all this!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Horse riding accident and a broke leg  new
chelseaTimmins  7:53pm Nov 3 2017
 Re: Horse riding accident and a broke leg  new
SBH  8:43am Nov 4 2017
MaKayla  9:48am Nov 4 2017
Sarah Clayton  9:37am Nov 8 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 November 2017