Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Horse riding accident and a broke leg
SBH    8:43am Nov 4 2017

Chelsea: welcome to the club no one wants to join. Wearing a big cast presents a lot of issues you will have to work through. It is a horrible nuisance but in time I have gotten used to my plastered leg.Get a shower protector so you can bathe without fussing with trash bags. I got mine on Amazon it is called a Seal Tight cast protector; I like Piggy Warmers to cover my toes get a couple of colors so you can change your look; look into wheel chair with a leg lift unless you are really good on crutches;my wardrobe consists of things I can put on over my head and forget struggling with pants. I wear a wool knee sock on the other leg. You will find many helpful suggestions on this board although there are not that many from people who are wearing a full leg cast. So feel free to post your questions as you go along. Hope your pain subsides quickly and you can get off the pain pills.

9/4 FX of 5th metatarsal, fibula and tibia-- splinted
9/15 First Full leg plaster cast
10/18 Second cast; long leg toe to groin
11/10 Third full leg cast knee bent 90*

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Horse riding accident and a broke leg  new
chelseaTimmins  7:53pm Nov 3 2017
 Re: Horse riding accident and a broke leg  new
SBH  8:43am Nov 4 2017
MaKayla  9:48am Nov 4 2017
Sarah Clayton  9:37am Nov 8 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 November 2017