Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

First break, so many questions
TillyDog    5:57pm Nov 4 2017

Hello - Have been 'lurking' for about a week but have so many questions about my first ever broken bone I thought I would join and post.

I broke my ankle passing out after seeing someones bloody eye of all things!

I had ORIF surgery on the 16th October for a weber C fracture with syndesmosis injury. Screws/plate put in with view to remove at 10/12 weeks.

Had my full fibreglass cast fitted on the 1st November. This is when the pain issues really started.

I feel its quite snug but my toes are a normal size & colour (slightly puffy but I would not say swollen).

The top of my foot and big toe feels numb and the pain/burning/pins needles/stabbing pains are only relieved when my foot is NOT elevated but thats when my toes turn a bit darker then back to normal colour when elevated again. Then the pain/sensations come back on elevation? Night time is the worst and early mornings. Its so bad I have gone back to taking my painkillers which I had stopped taking when I was discharged from hospital. It sometimes feels like there is a metal vice putting pressure around my foot and ankle.

I have no choice but to move around alot on a seated walker with 4 wheels. Feeding dog, making meals etc. So not sure if thats aggrevating anything?

Sorry for the long post and rambling like words but its my first ever broken bone & I have no idea what to expect or whats normal.

The doctor wants to see me again on the 29th November (6 week mark) for cast removal & for partial weight bearing after the 6 weeks.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

First break, so many questions  new
TillyDog  5:57pm Nov 4 2017
 Re: First break, so many questions  new
dcb  11:58am Nov 5 2017
Sarah Clayton  9:42am Nov 8 2017
MaKayla  1:44pm Nov 13 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 November 2017