Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: First broken bones age 30 - tibia and fibula.
SBH    9:58pm Nov 4 2017

Sorry to read your post. It appears that full leg casts are the thing this fall. I am afraid that what you have been told about the time you will have to wear the cast is right. The truth is the doctors really can't tell how fast you will heal.If you look around this board you will see lots of different times that range from twelve weeks to six months. Best to take it a day at a time and don't get your hopes up. I have been in a full leg cast for seven weeks and have stopped counting. As for advice or tips do discuss how much they are going to bend your knee. If it is not bent crutching is very difficult. If they set it with a good bend then your toes will clear the ground when you crutch. As you are probably already figuring out your casted toes are very vulnerable. The further up your leg they run the cast the more uncomfortable it will be so try and persuade them to give you a few inches of clearance at the top. They probably won't listen but its worth a try. If you have questions don't hesitate to post them or email me and I will try and answer. Did they tell you if you will be put in plaster or fiberglass? If the latter choose bright color.

9/4 FX of 5th metatarsal, fibula and tibia-- splinted
9/15 First Full leg plaster cast
10/18 Second cast; long leg toe to groin
11/10 Third full leg cast knee bent 90*

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

First broken bones age 30 - tibia and fibula.  new
Harry Sutton  1:30pm Nov 4 2017
 Re: First broken bones age 30 - tibia and fibula.  new
dcb  3:20pm Nov 4 2017
Harry Sutton  4:02pm Nov 4 2017
dcb  4:20pm Nov 4 2017
Harry Sutton  4:25pm Nov 4 2017
dcb  4:56pm Nov 4 2017
Harry Sutton  5:05pm Nov 4 2017
dcb  11:52am Nov 5 2017
SBH  9:58pm Nov 4 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 November 2017