Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Why have they cast my knee at a 90 degree angle ??
SBH    3:58pm Nov 10 2017

What I thought was going to be a simple cast change ( I have to wear one for another month at least) turned out to be a nightmare. When they started to cast my leg they bent it to a 90 degree angle and I naively assumed they were just stretching it out, but it hurt when they did it so I asked why and they told me they were bending it so they could cast me in a new position. Before I could figure out what was going on they were applying the plaster to my leg and bent knee at a 90 degree angle. The cast was made big to assure my knee doesn't bend and as a result it is quite heavy. This thing is unbelievably awkward. The technicians told me that they were following doctors orders and expressed sympathy and warned me to watch my balance on crutches till I got used to my balance with my leg up. Cast has no toeplate and my toes are sticking out waiting to bump into anything nearby when I sit down.

9/4 FX of 5th metatarsal, fibula and tibia-- splinted
9/15 First Full leg plaster cast
10/18 Second cast; long leg toe to groin
11/10 Third full leg cast knee bent 90*

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Why have they cast my knee at a 90 degree angle ??  new
SBH  3:58pm Nov 10 2017
 Re: Why have they cast my knee at a 90 degree angle ??  new
dcb  10:30am Nov 12 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 November 2017