Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: broken ankle
dcb    3:04am Nov 13 2017

Shannon, it sounds like you should ask for a re-assessment of this. Are you allowed to take the boot off if the leg is up and supported? I was allowed to do this and it made a huge difference. I also had to put foam padding between the boot and my ankle bones to make it less uncomfortable. Does it hurt more when the leg is down rather than raised? The more information you can provide, the better.

If you are going to go in and ask about this, write your questions down and take the list of questions in with you - and your description of when, wherere, and hop it hurts and the effect this is having on you such as being unable to sleep. Preferably have someone else there who can write down the answers to your questions so you can concentrate on listening but still have them to look at later. If you don't understand the answers, ask for them to be explained. I'm lucky, in that I had the medical vocabulary to explain the problems I was having. It's a lot harder if all you can say is 'it hurts'.

Good luck!

Fibula Fx lat. malleolus Weber B 12 June 2015
ORIF plate 18 June. Cast problems (allodynia) so boot from 25th but NWB.
25 July start PWB in boot, 7 Aug PWB without boot. 14th Aug few steps FWB.
9 Sept 10-steps jog 25 Sept: PT says go run!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

broken ankle  new
shannon holland  1:30am Nov 9 2017
 Re: broken ankle  new
shannon holland  1:42am Nov 9 2017
dcb  9:07am Nov 9 2017
shannon holland  1:13am Nov 13 2017
dcb  3:04am Nov 13 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 November 2017