Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

FWB! Few questions....
MaKayla    1:57pm Nov 13 2017

Long time since I've been here!
Per my doc's instructions at my first post op appt I starting just putting a bit of weight.. like maybe 20% on my ankle with crutches. ABSOLUTELY NO PAIN!!! I was patient though and today at my 6 week post op appointment my OS wanted to see what I could do. I shocked the whole room by getting up and walking with just one crutch for a bit of support. He asked if it hurt and I said no! I was SO shocked! I was expecting pain! He said that now is the time that I need to start walking more and more with the boot. He's got me started in PT starting on Wednesday and I was cleared to go back to work on the 27th!!! I am so excited to see my babies soon! A few parents have texted me asking when I am returning, soon!
A few questions.....
My OS said that I can start weaning myself to shoes with the help of PT. Per my request, I got a mini ankle brace to wear at night and he told me to wear at night and he said to start with that on. Anyone else transition to shoes this fast?? He wants to see me back in a month... but I was expecting another 6 weeks in the boot!!
My OS came in the room, looked at my incision and immediately saw I had a dissolving stitch coming out. He SQUEEZED IT! Blood came out, then he dug and dug until he got it out. Now it hurts SO BAD!! He told me to keep and eye on it and call if it looked infected... is this normal?? Any thing I can do?? I don't want to go through that again! I put Neosporin on with a bandaid as soon as I got home.
Nervous for PT but I'm sure it will be fine. OS says I can do as much or as little as I want. Planning on doing quite a bit first two weeks then slowing down once work starts.

Thanks! My nightmare is almost over, one more surgery to remove the screws but I was told it was a quick walk in and walk out surgery back to work in a few days.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

FWB! Few questions....  new
MaKayla  1:57pm Nov 13 2017
 Re: FWB! Few questions....  new
dcb  3:10pm Nov 13 2017
 Re: FWB! Few questions....  new
MaKayla  4:38pm Nov 13 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 November 2017