Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: 4 months post tibia shaft break
dcb    7:11am Nov 14 2017

Hi Luke, sympathies. Sounds like you are depressed - which isn't surprising. Feeling down and depressed after breaking your leg is normal - you're not being overdramatic - we've all been through it to various extents. I remember thinking I might never run again (I'm back to running ultramarathons again). However, if you're at the "can't sleep, no appetite" stage then you really need to see someone if you can.

Self help: take vitamin D. Eat properly even if you don't feel like it! Get out into green spaces - that can really help. Do something non-physical that you know you enjoy (used to enjoy, if you don't seem to enjoy anything at the moment).

Physically, do exercises to gradually regain full range of motion in that ankle and knee. If you've not been given those exercises to do you need to go to a physio and get them. Any chance of going swimming? It's a great nonweightbearing way to exercise the leg.

Good luck!

Fibula Fx lat. malleolus Weber B 12 June 2015
ORIF plate 18 June. Cast problems (allodynia) so boot from 25th but NWB.
25 July start PWB in boot, 7 Aug PWB without boot. 14th Aug few steps FWB.
9 Sept 10-steps jog 25 Sept: PT says go run!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

4 months post tibia shaft break  new
Luke Gramza  9:08pm Nov 13 2017
 Re: 4 months post tibia shaft break  new
dcb  7:11am Nov 14 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 November 2017