Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

3 months post op; knee pain when I walk... Hardware removal?
JayDM (173.243.39.---)   2:05pm Nov 14 2017

Hi all.

I posted here a few weeks ago. My recovery is going well, the 3 month follow up showed my tibia/fibula had mostly healed. I have 3 screws and a plate in my leg. I am walking without a cane mostly now, but I generally have a sharp pain just under my knee when I walk. It seems (and the physio thinks) that it is from the screw close to my knee.

It feels very tender when I touch it. The physio has been trying lately to work it and break down scar tissue in the area. However, the pain is ONLY when I walk... and it gets bad enough that I start limping. The rest of my leg feels OK, but the knee pain is bringing me down so much. It feels like the screw is like sticking out a bit near an incision area, and causes pain every time I take a step.

My physio said that sometimes the scar tissue takes awhile to break down, and that eventually the pain will go away/subside...

I'd love to get it removed, but don't see the surgeon for another 3 months. I've also heard it takes a year for it all to settle before they can remove... I just want that damn screw out. Anyone else experience similar pains?

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

3 months post op; knee pain when I walk... Hardware removal?  new
JayDM  2:05pm Nov 14 2017
 Re: 3 months post op; knee pain when I walk... Hardware removal?  new
Kasia  9:01am Nov 16 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 November 2017