Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: 3 months post op; knee pain when I walk... Hardware removal?
Kasia    9:01am Nov 16 2017

I am 11 months post open and displaced tib/fib fracture. It was fixed with IM nail and 4 screws. I am having knee pain and discomfort that are probably caused by hardware, scar tissue and muscle weakness when I walk fast, try to run and squat.

There's been a lot of improvement with excercising/muscle strenghtening and soft tissue mobilization but still far form perfect.

Since my bones are fully healed I decided to have all hardware removed this December, exactly 12 months after the fracture and orginal surgery. It was recommended by my OS because of many reasons one of which is knee pain.

I know from my OS that it is recommended to have the hardware in for at least 12-18 months to give bones enought time to heal. But there are cases when it is removed quicker because bone healing was so fast like in younger people. Usually screws alone may be taken out quicker but it depends on type of fixation and its location.

Hope your pain go away soon. Take care!

Kasia

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

3 months post op; knee pain when I walk... Hardware removal?  new
JayDM  2:05pm Nov 14 2017
 Re: 3 months post op; knee pain when I walk... Hardware removal?  new
Kasia  9:01am Nov 16 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
17 December 2017