Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: FWB Knee Pain-Walking Issues
Jennifer Konopinski    12:17pm Nov 27 2017

I fell on 8/20/17 and broke my tibia and fibula in my Right leg. I had surgery on 8/30/17. Plate and screws on one side of leg and screws only on other side. Two weeks just in wrap cast, then to boot for additional 4 weeks. At this appt I was told I could go FWB while wearing the boot for 2 weeks, then go to a sneaker. Well about 3 weeks into it, I seemed to be doing okay with the boot and 1 crutch so I removed the boot. I have been doing physical therapy the past three weeks, twice a week. I cannot, in no way, walk in the sneaker without the crutches. I have recently acquired this horrendous pain in my knee whenever I attempt to put any kind of weight on it. I am pushing thru as much as I can, but I am nearing 12 weeks post surgery in 2 days and still cannot walk. Just wondering if anyone has any advice or has had similar circumstances. I am beginning to think I will never walk normally again and it's getting me upset and depressed and starting to lose hope and not see the light at the end of the tunnel: (( My PT says i'm doing fine, but I sometimes think, it's her job to tell me that and try to make me feel better. I just need some kind of ray of hope. It's been the longest 3 months of my life and quite honestly the WORST thing I have ever gone thru. Helps, but makes me sad at the same time, to see others that have gone thru the same thing.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Re: FWB Knee Pain-Walking Issues  new
Jennifer Konopinski  12:17pm Nov 27 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
17 December 2017