Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

My daughter is limping 3 months after her cast got taken off
Rachel Gregor    9:08pm Dec 17 2017

Hi everybody I needed some advice so I looked online and found this place. My 17 year old daughter took a bad fall at a gymnastics camp on June 13th that resulted in a broken tibia and fibula in three places. She opted not to have surgery and was put in a full length (toes to upper thigh) fiberglass cast for 10 weeks. August 23rd she got a below the knee fiberglass cast put on with a Velcro shoe that she could walk on and got that cast off on September 14th. Since then she has walked with a pretty bad limp. I mean she doesn't put full weight on that leg and walks with her foot and toes kind of pointed inward. She tries to hide it around me because she knows I'm worried about it. I've contacted the doctor and they said it was normal due to muscle atrophy/disuse but I'm not sure. I mean she's been out of a cast for about 3 months and it hasn't gotten any better. I did notice her walking on the full length bent knee cast some and at that point she wasn't supposed to put any weight on that leg. Every time I noticed it I told her to get her crutches but she hated the crutches and you know how defiant teenagers can be. I have a feeling she walked on it a lot when I wasn't around because the bottom of the cast under her foot was really worn and breaking apart by the time she got it taken off. I'm just worried that maybe her leg didn't heal correctly. What do you guys think?

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

My daughter is limping 3 months after her cast got taken off  new
Rachel Gregor  9:08pm Dec 17 2017
 Re: My daughter is limping 3 months after her cast got taken off  new
FuschiaNovember1980  9:52am Dec 18 2017
 Re: My daughter is limping 3 months after her cast got taken off  new
dcb  10:04am Dec 18 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
22 April 2018