Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: 1 year post surgery - Winter woes
Lena2017    10:40am Dec 27 2017

Thanks Jay. I am going to keep looking for something that is not too tight and will give me warmth. Physio was great for me and it turned out that different physiotherapists have different techniques so I benefitted from having different people help me. As for the warmer climate, my husband said that he knew someone who moved to Florida after a motorcycle accident precisely due to the winter pains and discomfort. It's definitely a thought! I am looking forward to my next OS appointment so I can ask all the necessary hardware removal questions- but I'm not looking forward to any more surgeries and then recovering at home again. One of the worst things I went through was the pain med withdrawal even though I did it very gradually. That was tough. Still, hang in there, it gets better -especially when you get your full independence back and don't need to rely on any equipment - crutches, cane, etc. Lena

Jan 2017- tib/fib fracture from fall
Jan 3- surgery IM nail, screws
Jan 18 -2-week follow-up- staples out NWB, PT
Feb 15 - 6-week follow-up- callous forming, 50% WB allowed, PT
April 5 - 13-week follow up- bone healing well, can stand bootless

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

1 year post surgery - Winter woes  new
Lena2017  10:05am Dec 26 2017
 Re: 1 year post surgery - Winter woes  new
Jay DM  2:42pm Dec 26 2017
 Re: 1 year post surgery - Winter woes  new
Lena2017  10:40am Dec 27 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
21 July 2018