Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Trimalleolar Fx. Weber C
J Christine H    3:53pm Dec 31 2017

HI there! I have a tibial plafond fracture (2breaks in ankle) and corresponding broken fibula on my left and cracked right calcaneous. This all happened in November, three weeks in a slab cast at which point pain was well controlled with acetaminophen and occasional ibuprofen and I had virtually stopped needing my hydromorphone (which was great as i don't like the side effects of narcotics much... I am a pharmacist) anyway, then I had a fibreglass circumferential cast put on... Three weeks later I have had three different fibreglass casts all removed due to increased pain and need for medication due to tightness and pressure points n the cast. Was needing to elevate above my heart level and ice around the clock to deal with pain. Just got an air cast put on two days ago and finally able to back off the pain meds again as I can relieve the pressure in the cast periodically.
Regardless it will be several months of recovery and I've heard to save some stronger medication for pain during physio when we get to that point...

Nov 18 fell walking out the front steps, er for fracture reduction
Nov 19 three hour ORIF surgery two plates and thirteen screws
Nov 24 discharged from hospital
Dec 7 slab cast removed and fibreglass put on
Dec 12 cast changed due to sores
Dec 22 cast changed again
Dec 29 cast exchanged for air cast
Still NWB

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Trimalleolar Fx. Weber C  new
Dion G  4:14am Dec 7 2017
 Re: Trimalleolar Fx. Weber C  new
dcb  3:31am Dec 8 2017
Dion G  10:25pm Dec 10 2017
dcb  3:43pm Dec 14 2017
AndreaB  11:36am Dec 18 2017
Dion G  6:04pm Dec 20 2017
AndreaB  6:49pm Dec 20 2017
J Christine H  3:53pm Dec 31 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
22 April 2018