Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Broken fibula not fixed and moving
vanessafromfrance (83.202.177.---)   10:56am Jan 8 2018

Hello everyone !
The 26th of December, I broke my left tibia + fibula falling from a climbing block, at 2 meters height, it was only my third time climbing.
The fracture on my tibia was a clean spiral fracture (on the lower 1/3 of my leg), but on the fibula a small piece of bone was almost detached (on the higher 1/3). I went under surgery the next morning where they put a nail and 3 screws (one under the knee and 2 above the ankle) on my tibia but nothing for my fibula. I got back to my room with a splint, that was removed the next day by my surgeon, and was returning home the day after with clutches+splint (cause I wasn't too confident).
I'm now at 12 day post-op, the swelling is mostly gone except on my ankle, which is very stiff, and I still have a lot of bruises, and numbness on my big toe+knee+where I broke my tibia, that keep me from sleeping correctly especially the big toe (fire sensation).
But my biggest concern is about my fibula. Every time I move my leg, I feel the bone moving inside, most of the time it's not painful, just a weird sensation but today it hurt me a little bit.
So I was wondering if anyone here has had the same experience with his fibula and if eventually it ended up healing properly, if not do you still feel the bone moving after the tibia healed ?

(Sorry in advance for the mistakes in my writing)

12/26 tibia+fibula fracture
12/27 nail+3 screws in the tibia
12/28 returning home with the splint+clutches

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Broken fibula not fixed and moving  new
vanessafromfrance  10:56am Jan 8 2018
 Re: Broken fibula not fixed and moving  new
Kasia  12:57pm Jan 8 2018
vanessafromfrance  11:47am Jan 9 2018
Kasia  12:07pm Jan 9 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
21 July 2018