Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Broken fibula not fixed and moving
Kasia    12:57pm Jan 8 2018

Dear Vanessa,

I also broke my lower leg climbing a year ago. An IM nail was put in my tibia. Fibula, which was broken in two places (I had a floating piece) was more or less aligned and left to heal on its own. My surgeon told me that fixed tibia provides enough stability for the fibula to heal. I didn't have a cast/splint/boot.

For first 3-4 weeks I could feel my fibula moving with certain body movements like turning sides in bed (sometimes it was paiful) but after that it stopped. I was told I might have such sensations until ends of fibula stick to each other and I think that was it. When I compared xrays done right after surgery with those done 7 weeks post surgery I could see that fibula started healing but was not as well aligned as at the begining but after 10 months it remodeled itself and is almost straight now :-)

Speedy recovery!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Broken fibula not fixed and moving  new
vanessafromfrance  10:56am Jan 8 2018
 Re: Broken fibula not fixed and moving  new
Kasia  12:57pm Jan 8 2018
vanessafromfrance  11:47am Jan 9 2018
Kasia  12:07pm Jan 9 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
21 October 2018