Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Tibia and Fibula Spiral Fracture
Lauren Mikles    8:45pm Jan 8 2018

Lena, I broke my tib/fib and had an IM nail with 4 screws implanted in July, 2017. The X-rays showed the tibia had healed, so they scheduled me for screw removal surgery about 2 and a half weeks ago. They allowed me to remove one screw from the knee and one from the ankle. 2 of them will stay in forever, but that pesky screw protruding out of my knee is gone! And it made such a difference! I walked around feeling like my knee was a foreign object all this time, which is sad, because you feel like a part of you is missing. It was numb with pins and needles feeling. And if it brushed against ANYTHING, it was the oddest sensation ever! The skin felt really stretched and I always cut my knee over that screw when I shaved! It was so disheartening. But now, my knee is starting to feel normal again! This sounds lame, but when I realized it was feeling more normal after the surgery, I kissed my knee over and over. Because it felt like MY knee again!! And I was overjoyed. I didnít expect to feel more normal after only 3 weeks. Thereís no more pins and needles, and the feeling is coming back. I HIGHLY recommend the screw removal surgery. You donít need to go your entire life with that thing protruding out of your knee! Itís only going to get more uncomfortable! I mean, your leg is never going to feel the same, but it can feel better than this! Trust me!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Tibia and Fibula Spiral Fracture  new
Morgan Green  12:42am Dec 26 2017
 Re: Tibia and Fibula Spiral Fracture  new
Lena2017  9:32am Dec 26 2017
Morgan Green  4:35pm Dec 26 2017
Lauren Mikles  8:45pm Jan 8 2018
Kasia  11:55am Dec 26 2017
Morgan Green  4:48pm Dec 26 2017
dcb  3:22pm Dec 27 2017
Pauline M Hall  5:41am Jan 4 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
17 October 2018