Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Have No Idea What I'm Doing?
MaKayla    9:07pm Jan 11 2018

Tilly dog,
Good to hear your making some sort of progress, no matter how small. I completely understand when you talk about pain with increased excercisint. I've had the same problems. Massaging helps, just be careful around incision areas. If I remember correctly you had your sydo screws removed just before me about a week ago? Don't want to risk irritation or pulling sutures out! I've had some increased pain since then, cant seem to make it through the work day!
Not sure what you have available to you, but my PT starting me out on a bike really fast! I was only FWB in a boot for a few days before they threw me on. It helps get movement as well as a little bit of weight. Walking in a pool also helped with my limp once I was able to walk well enough to stroll (very slowly) across a pool deck.
You can also do your "slow dance" starting with the heel and moving towards the toe.
I agree with that boot, there is definitely a huge learning curve to it! Took me a while to be able to walk well enough with it.
Hang in there!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Have No Idea What I'm Doing?  new
TillyDog  1:54pm Jan 9 2018
 Re: Have No Idea What I'm Doing?  new
TillyDog  2:01pm Jan 9 2018
dcb_Debra  5:00pm Jan 9 2018
TillyDog  1:12pm Jan 11 2018
dcb_Debra  3:54pm Jan 12 2018
MaKayla  9:07pm Jan 11 2018
TillyDog  3:15pm Jan 23 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
22 April 2018