Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: nausea and depression
Lauren Mikles    9:00pm Jan 13 2018

Debra,
What does your doctor say about the nausea? Depression is normal, but donít let it consume you. Are you a believer in Christ? My faith helped me to get through the depression, but it wasnít easy. I broke my leg in Bethlehem (Palestine) on a mission trip and had a rod implanted in Jerusalem. I promise you will be able to walk again. I broke my leg 6 months ago, and I can walk fine now. I enjoyed physical therapy. You get to meet people who are going through similar issues, and have the opportunity to make new friends. I didnít know about this website when I broke my leg, but I think itís a great way to connect with people in similar situations. Please note: some people on here who havenít healed after long periods of time are not the norm. In fact, itís more likely that someone will search the internet for forums like this if theyíre having a hard time than if they had an easy recouperation. Because theyíre constantly thinking about their injury. That being said, this is a long process. You wonít see great results until you start walking bc walking stimulates bone growth. This is one of those situations where you just have to accept the hand youíve been dealt and believe you will be better in the future. And we are not talking weeks. I do recommend that you start getting off pain pills if possible. I started to cut my pills in half, and took one Tylenol with it. Then I cut them into quarters the next week and took Tylenol until I was only on Tylenol. I was surprised at how well it worked. Pain pills can mess with your mind and the battlefield is in the mind, so you have to be sharp. Hope this helps. God bless.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

nausea and depression  new
Debra W Pabst  7:53am Jan 13 2018
 Re: nausea and depression  new
Halo Steve  8:58am Jan 13 2018
Debra W Pabst  2:19pm Jan 13 2018
Halo Steve  3:11pm Jan 13 2018
dcb_Debra  4:25pm Jan 13 2018
Debra W Pabst  3:17pm Jan 16 2018
Lauren Mikles  9:00pm Jan 13 2018
Debra W Pabst  3:10pm Jan 16 2018
Jay DM  12:41am Jan 17 2018
Sarah Clayton  8:11am Jan 17 2018
Lauren Mikles  5:41pm Jan 17 2018
Glen Naui  11:59pm Mar 3 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
28 May 2018