Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: nausea and depression
Jay DM    12:41am Jan 17 2018

Hey Debra...

Just chiming in from my own personal experience. The opiates (Oxycontin/Hydros) are exactly what's making you nauseous. After I was hit by a car and broke my tib/fib and had ORIF surgery, I stopped taking the meds about 1 week after. It was brutal and way too early, but I got by on mostly Aleve, Ibuprofen, and Medical Marijuana.

My point is that these meds mess with your stomach, cause nausea, and more importantly are addictive. I've seen friends become addicted to opiates from injuries and it's not fun. Try and wean off as soon as you can.

You're in for a long ride of physio and recovery, but it does get better. My physio told me not to count the days; but count the weeks. You'll see incredible improvement week to week but if you focus on the day to day you can get discouraged.

Keep your head up, and this website really is a great tool when you have no one around you who understands what you're going through.... It's truly a life changing event. I'm about five months post ORIF (August 11) and I am now walking okay, with some pain however in my knee and in my leg. I am still doing physio twice a week but will do it once a week soon. It's important to do allll exercises and keep active. It's easy to put on a few pounds when you're more immobile haha....

Anyways, best of luck. :)

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

nausea and depression  new
Debra W Pabst  7:53am Jan 13 2018
 Re: nausea and depression  new
Halo Steve  8:58am Jan 13 2018
Debra W Pabst  2:19pm Jan 13 2018
Halo Steve  3:11pm Jan 13 2018
dcb_Debra  4:25pm Jan 13 2018
Debra W Pabst  3:17pm Jan 16 2018
Lauren Mikles  9:00pm Jan 13 2018
Debra W Pabst  3:10pm Jan 16 2018
Jay DM  12:41am Jan 17 2018
Sarah Clayton  8:11am Jan 17 2018
Lauren Mikles  5:41pm Jan 17 2018
Glen Naui  11:59pm Mar 3 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
26 May 2018