Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Anyone else protective over their leg?
Lauren Mikles    8:38pm Jan 18 2018

Itís been 6 months since my spiral tib/fib fracture with IM nail and screws. Iím much better and completely healed, but my knee and ankle still feel like foreign bodies. I expect that will be the norm for a year or two and am finally at peace with that fact. But I find myself feeling overprotective of my leg. Like, if the grass is wet, I wonít walk in it bc I donít want to risk falling. And thatís where Iím supposed to park at work since we are a small company. Or like when Iím throwing the ball for my cat and it rolls into a tight spot behind the chair. I know that I could get it, but I donít feel comfortable twisting my body and stepping over things. Or when I see a muddy hill on a jobsite (I work at a construction company) I will avoid it even though Iím completely capable. I have completely embraced physical therapy. I love it and am going well beyond the time period that my doctor required. Itís called the wellness program. Idk does anybody else just feel super protective and hyper aware of their broken extremity for no good reason? Even when you know youíre not in danger?

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Anyone else protective over their leg?  new
Lauren Mikles  8:38pm Jan 18 2018
 Re: Anyone else protective over their leg?  new
Myra Fain  12:36pm Jan 19 2018
Lauren Mikles  6:26pm Jan 19 2018
Myra Fain  8:28am Jan 20 2018
Signe  7:22pm Jan 19 2018
Lauren Mikles  10:09pm Jan 20 2018
Clare CANTWELL  6:41am Jan 23 2018
Lauren Mikles  4:26pm Jan 23 2018
SMM  9:50pm Jan 23 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
25 February 2018