Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Anyone else protective over their leg?
Lauren Mikles    10:09pm Jan 20 2018

I want to hear the negative and the positive. So thanks for your comment. I realize that everyoneís healing process is different, and that means physically and emotionally. I hate that you are having a hard time. I never had nightmares, but I used to think about my accident all day until a couple of weeks ago. My living nightmare was when I was in the hospital and would fall asleep for an hour and be jerked awake from the pain, only to realize Iím thousands of miles away from home and family. I finally feel like Iím set free from my bondage, but I was able to move on because of my faith in God.

I can certainly understand your fear of vehicles. They scare me in general, and I have never even had a traumatic car accident. I just have to stay away from soccer. Will never do that again. Your profile signature mentioned that you still have daily pin, so that would certainly prolong your emotions toward the accident & bring on nightmares & protective tendencies. Eight years is a long time to feel pain. Thankfully, I donít think I will feel pain that long. I think it will always feel odd, but not necessarily constantly painful. Hope you have a better update for us soon!

07/12/17: Spiral tib/fib fracture playing soccer in Palestine on mission trip
07/13/17: Surgery for IM nail @ Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem (Israel)
July 18, 2017: Home (Georgia)
December 19, 2017: Screw removal surgery

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Anyone else protective over their leg?  new
Lauren Mikles  8:38pm Jan 18 2018
 Re: Anyone else protective over their leg?  new
Myra Fain  12:36pm Jan 19 2018
Lauren Mikles  6:26pm Jan 19 2018
Myra Fain  8:28am Jan 20 2018
Signe  7:22pm Jan 19 2018
Lauren Mikles  10:09pm Jan 20 2018
Clare CANTWELL  6:41am Jan 23 2018
Lauren Mikles  4:26pm Jan 23 2018
SMM  9:50pm Jan 23 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
26 May 2018