Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Went for a checkup - struggling with depression
Emily105    2:29am Jan 23 2018

Melissa,
I can totally relate! I fell on ice letting my dog out on 12/15. I was 9 months pregnant (due date was 12/25). I sustained a trimalleolar fracture to my left ankle. They had to do a closed reduction in the emergency room and then take me to labor and deliver and induce me. I then had to wait until 1/4/18 to have my surgery on my leg. I have 3 plates and about 5 screws. I just had a follow up appointment on 1/17 and they took the splint off and put me in a boot. Iím non weight bearing until 02/14 when I go back for follow up X-rays and then we will ďtalkĒ about walking and physical therapy as per my doctor. The loss of independence is terrible. And on top of it I have a 4 yr old. A 15yr old and a new born to take care of. My husband is great but gets frustrated with having taken in all the responsibility around the house. 15yr old is great with helping too, but I donít want her to feel like she needs to be my care giver. I spend a lot of time trying to keep my mind busy, reading l, playing mindless games on phone, binge watching different shows on Netflix, sleeping as much as possible. Itís hard though I find myself crying ALOT! Iím with you about not wanting to leave the house itís too much work!m, however my husband makes sure that at least once a week he get me out into the car and takes me for a ride somewhere, and even though itís a lot of work it does make me feel a little better! Hope you heal fast and Things get better; remember this is only temporary and soon it will be just a bad memory!!

Emily

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Went for a checkup - struggling with depression  new
Melissa a  10:22pm Jan 21 2018
 Re: Went for a checkup - struggling with depression  new
dcb_Debra  8:14am Jan 22 2018
SBH  3:15pm Jan 22 2018
Emily105  2:29am Jan 23 2018
Caryn  9:02am Jan 23 2018
Lauren Mikles  7:10pm Feb 9 2018
MichelleT  11:49am Feb 11 2018
dcb_Debra  9:29am Feb 14 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
26 May 2018