Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Anyone else protective over their leg?
SMM    9:50pm Jan 23 2018

Hi Lauren,

So sorry to hear about your injury. You ask a great question. I have recovered from last injury from years ago, but broke the leg the first time over three decades ago. Yes, all the physical will get much better. But it is strange that since that first break I have never really liked physical contact with the leg...no pain involved. It just seems to be something psychological left over from the injury. And it is particular to the leg. Years ago I had a great physio who worked with me to get past the extreme dislike, almost fear, of contact. As I say, now it it's just dislike. As you are near in time to the break, things will take time, but all does get better and better. I suspect there will always be some memory and favouring of the leg. I've found there are certain 'triggers' that remind me of the the past. There are anniversaries or sometimes I can just notice something around me and have a 'broken leg deja vu'. No pain involved. The experience is more like a brief flashback or something like watching a short film.

Best wishes,
Matt

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Anyone else protective over their leg?  new
Lauren Mikles  8:38pm Jan 18 2018
 Re: Anyone else protective over their leg?  new
Myra Fain  12:36pm Jan 19 2018
Lauren Mikles  6:26pm Jan 19 2018
Myra Fain  8:28am Jan 20 2018
Signe  7:22pm Jan 19 2018
Lauren Mikles  10:09pm Jan 20 2018
Clare CANTWELL  6:41am Jan 23 2018
Lauren Mikles  4:26pm Jan 23 2018
SMM  9:50pm Jan 23 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
14 November 2018