Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: I知 the new guy, broken Talus/shattered Malleolus
Debra W Pabst    6:05am Jan 24 2018

Hi Jimmy.
I broke my tibia, fibula, talus, on 11/26/17 The fibula was a spiral fracture, and the tibia was broken in several places.
I fell down 4 steps (concrete steps), but still 4 friggin steps, and smashed my ankle to pieces.
I'm going on 8 weeks since surgery. 4 plates, 11 screws holding everything together.
As far as a doctor not being optimistic, @!#$?! If you could find another doc to follow up with, I would.
If you can't, then I would definitely focus on recovery in a positive way, as you WILL heal. Perhaps you won't heal to 100 percent the way you once were. But you will heal.
While I was in my cast, my doc recommended that I do muscle contractions of my calf muscle. Just tense the muscle, hold. And repeat as many reps as possible. You can't just lie there. Home PT, gave me leg lifts and things I could do in bed to strengthen my leg.
I was glad I did them, because now I'm in outpatient PT, and needed that strength.
You are young, and I honestly believe you can do this. I believe there is hope.
It will be hard to hold your doctor to task in your recovery. But you CAN do it. Maybe he's not optimistic. But you WANT to be. You're willing to put in the work to get better, and his job is to help you, show the way to give you back as much as he can.
Honestly, that makes the most angry of any of the story you told.
Take care, and I wish you all the best. xo

Debra W Pabst

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

I知 the new guy, broken Talus/shattered Malleolus  new
Jimmy D  11:19am Jan 14 2018
 Re: I知 the new guy, broken Talus/shattered Malleolus  new
dcb_Debra  2:36pm Jan 15 2018
Signe  6:36pm Jan 20 2018
Debra W Pabst  6:05am Jan 24 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
26 May 2018