Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Weber b fracture
dcb_Debra    1:32pm Jan 26 2018

Charlotte, that's why using the scales is good - you can see how much of your body weight you ar putting through the leg while doing the 'slow dance'. If you can get to 90% or so on that, it's easier to persuade yourself you can do it when walking.

Keep using the crutches until you feel confident - you can always have one or both there even if you're not putting much weight through it. I was worried someone would bash into me and I would fall again, so I took a crutch with me for several weeks after I could wlk, as a signal to other people that I might be unsteady, needed the handrail would be slow etc.

Really once you start you should be walking in 2-3 weeks (I was told 7-10 dasy in the boot then 1-2 weeks without the boot. I thought that would be too fast and I did each stage in about 7 days!

Swelling continued for months. Even once you are walking, circulation won't work until you have built your muscles up again. The thing is that whenever you are sitting/lying, you still elevate the leg, just like when it was fully immobilised. I would even get home and lie on my back on the floor or the bed, with my leg up vertically against a wall. Did that at work sometimes as well!

Also, the foot and ankle might get hot, because there's lots of tissue rebuilding going on - sometimes I needed to sit with my foot in a bucket of ice water for half an hour!

You WILL get there - but DO THE PHYSIO EXERCISES or you won't regain full ankle mobility and that can lead to more problems later.

Fibula Fx lat. malleolus Weber B 12 June 2015
ORIF plate 18 June. Cast problems (allodynia) so boot from 25th but NWB.
25 July start PWB in boot, 7 Aug PWB without boot. 14th Aug few steps FWB.
9 Sept 10-steps jog 25 Sept: PT says go run!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Weber b fracture  new
charlotte miah  4:48pm Jan 25 2018
 Re: Weber b fracture  new
dcb_Debra  1:32pm Jan 26 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 August 2018