Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Advice needed on newly broken leg
James R    1:44pm Jan 27 2018

Hi Debra, that is all great advice. The idea of resting her injured leg on a beanbag makes a lot of sense. The nurses here had suggested using pillows, but after reading what you said Iíve gone out and got a beanbag for ChloŽ to use once she is home. Is there anything else I should think about getting to make her life easier once she is home? One thing I was thinking of was a small stool that she can rest her leg on when she has to visit the bathroom as she will be in a cast an unable to bend her leg at all. Would that be advisable?

Regarding her work, ChloŽ works as an administrator for a large theatre here in London - she could certainly do some work at home. That said her doctor seems very clear that she should be signed off work for six weeks while she recovers from her accident and heals herself. Your advice still seems great though and if she starts to get bored and miss work this is something she can think about Iím sure. Iím just worried about the idea of ignoring doctors orders right now???

ChloŽ is still in the hospital at the moment. I must admit I am surprised by how long they are keeping her in. It has been nearly a full week now. She is desperate to be discharged and come home now, but it seems that annoyingly there are still a few factors meaning that she canít do that yet. Does this sound normal? ChloŽ is getting quite frustrated at still being in hospital right now.

Sorry for all the questions. I feel like Iím still trying to get my head around everything and just want her to be a comfortable as possible when she gets discharged.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Advice needed on newly broken leg  new
James R  8:11am Jan 23 2018
 Re: Advice needed on newly broken leg  new
dcb_Debra  2:30pm Jan 23 2018
James R  1:44pm Jan 27 2018
dcb_Debra  7:12am Jan 28 2018
susieq  7:39pm Jan 28 2018
Lauren Mikles  7:18pm Jan 29 2018
Lauren Mikles  7:12pm Jan 29 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
14 November 2018