Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Fractured ankle and depression
SMM    11:58am Feb 2 2018

Hi Sarah,

So good to hear that you are seeing your drs. and that the depression is also being taken of. I think that is very important. I understand you must be down not being able to visit your horses and friends at the yard. I used to be involved in a lot of sports, and getting back to running was something that really bothered me during those long periods of recovery and physio. A few years ago I actually found going through training videos on the internet was able to calm me down. I didn't have that as an option when I first broke the leg. I am just wondering....could/would watching riding videos help? And hopefully soon you will be able to rely on a friend to take you over to the yard for a visit and a chance to get out.

I hope you will soon start feeling like your life is coming back. I think some feelings are very common, especially when experiencing something unknown and impactful. I first broke my leg a long time ago, and was really having trouble seeing that there ever would be a time of recovery. I didn't know people who had gone through anything similar, so could not get any hints about the future or advice (I think a broken leg is fairly uncommon?). I think getting rid of the unknown and being able to talk to people with a common experience is important, and that's really why this board is so amazing. The whole process of getting to know something about the future really does help with mood and healing. That's maybe also why doing something creative as a result of the downtime is so therapeutic. I think maybe that's why writing is so particularly effective and therapeutic. It also can be a way of helping others to cope. So much great information here. And I have also come across some writers who work in their experiences with recovery into fiction, poetry or stories---so real it actually resonates with exactly what I went through...the power of the written word!

Best wishes,
Matt

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Fractured ankle and depression  new
SarahLouise94  7:22am Jan 31 2018
 Re: Fractured ankle and depression  new
Caryn  4:31pm Jan 31 2018
SarahLouise94  1:21pm Feb 1 2018
SMM  11:44am Feb 1 2018
SarahLouise94  1:25pm Feb 1 2018
SMM  11:58am Feb 2 2018
SarahLouise94  6:03am Feb 6 2018
dcb_Debra  11:14am Feb 3 2018
SarahLouise94  6:08am Feb 6 2018
Lauren Mikles  6:59pm Feb 9 2018
SarahLouise94  2:25pm Feb 11 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 August 2018