Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: IM Nail Weight Bearing
vanessafromfrance    4:57pm Feb 6 2018

Hi Robert,

I also had an IM nail after a tibia/fib spiral break. It has been now 6 weeks since the surgery and I was only allowed to do a "touch-down weightbearing" until now.

Today was my 6 week appointment, and the OS was pleased with the xray even if I couldn't see any differences with the last one. He allowed me to put 44 pounds on my bad leg, which represent almost 1/3 of my weight, and to add 44 pounds every 8 days. So according to what he said, I should be walking without clutches in 3 weeks, but that seems impossible !
I just jumped on a scale one hour ago and tried to put 44 pounds, but at 22 pounds my leg just froze, as if my body was telling me that it was enough for now. I don't thing I'll be adding 44 pounds every week but I'll add weight slowly as soon as my body feels conformable with the weight I'm already putting on.
My family is also very worried about the weight bearing and would better like me to stay in bed for another 6 weeks but as I has been said before, adding weight helps bone growth and makes healing faster :). Hope it helped !

12/26/2017 : tibia+fibula fracture
12/27/2017 : IM nail surgery
12/29/2017 : back home with a splint, touch down weight bearing for 6 weeks
01/19/2018 : 4 week appointment, nothing new
02/06/2018 : PWB 44 pounds (1/3 of my weight)

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

IM Nail Weight Bearing  new
Robert Zambenini  6:33pm Feb 1 2018
 Re: IM Nail Weight Bearing  new
Alybrokeherleg  3:44am Feb 2 2018
vanessafromfrance  4:57pm Feb 6 2018
dcb_Debra  6:31am Feb 7 2018
Lauren Mikles  6:57pm Feb 9 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 August 2018