Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Discharged From Fracture Clinic
dcb_Debra    3:56am Feb 12 2018

Tilly, CONGRATULATIONS on getting this far! I was discharged from the fracture clinic at about 6 weeks post-op (I think) and sent for physio. I felt relief that I was progressing.

Re. the vulnerability, keep taking at least one crutch with you when out and about, even if you don't feel you need it - it is a visible signal that e.g. you need to use the rail going down stairs, and will move slowly etc.

The limp will improve as your ankle range of motion increases and your leg strength improves. Make sure you DO THE EXERCISES that the physio gives you, as often as you are supposed to - it really does help. And keep elevating your leg when you are sitting down, as it's going to take a while for circulation to get back to normal.

I was lucky and didn't have to cope with any numbness. It could be associated with the plate, or with nerve damage during the surgery. And it might improve or might not. Sorry I can't be more reassuring on that front.

Fibula Fx lat. malleolus Weber B 12 June 2015
ORIF plate 18 June. Cast problems (allodynia) so boot from 25th but NWB.
25 July start PWB in boot, 7 Aug PWB without boot. 14th Aug few steps FWB.
9 Sept 10-steps jog 25 Sept: PT says go run!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Discharged From Fracture Clinic  new
TillyDog  10:36am Feb 11 2018
 Re: Discharged From Fracture Clinic  new
Lauren Mikles  2:08pm Feb 11 2018
TillyDog  3:29am Feb 12 2018
dcb_Debra  3:56am Feb 12 2018
SMM  2:38pm Feb 13 2018
Pauline M Hall  10:49am Feb 22 2018
TillyDog  5:53am Feb 24 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 August 2018