Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Discharged From Fracture Clinic
SMM    2:38pm Feb 13 2018

Hi Tilly,

Congratulations on all the progress. Yes, I think that feeling of vulnerability is totally, completely normal. I think it is to be expected. I'm not sure, but I think it comes from not having much mobility with the broken leg, and as the return to normal use starts, that's what triggers the vulnerable feelings. I remember always feeling really good about the day the last cast would come off, and then feeling anxiety afterwards when it finally went. It meant that the leg would be getting used to normal activities and that stirred up some thoughts about re-injury. But in a fairly short time, it was so good to be getting on with recovery. Prior to the release, were you looking forward to it and to physiotherapy? Have you been doing physio only for a short time? I found that a good physio can do really good work for both the physical and psychological issues. Again, congratulations.

Best wishes,
Matt

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Discharged From Fracture Clinic  new
TillyDog  10:36am Feb 11 2018
 Re: Discharged From Fracture Clinic  new
Lauren Mikles  2:08pm Feb 11 2018
TillyDog  3:29am Feb 12 2018
dcb_Debra  3:56am Feb 12 2018
SMM  2:38pm Feb 13 2018
Pauline M Hall  10:49am Feb 22 2018
TillyDog  5:53am Feb 24 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
15 November 2018