Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: 10 weeks and still struggling
Kasia    1:46pm Feb 19 2018

I was in an exact spot a year ago - compound tib/fib fracture in a bouldering gym in December 2016 followed by IM nailing.

I totally understand what you are going through. I had been an active, fit and independent person who suddenly became dependent on others. I wanted to get back so badly but weight bearing and PT was going slow and was painful. I also had some complications with the knee that prolonged my recovery. But it did get better!!!

I remember being angry at people saying me over and over: "you will be back stronger", "it doesn't look that bad", "you are doing great" etc. It was like they were making my injury less serious that it actually was. I could literally loose my leg and everybody was like "3 months and you will be good to go".

Accept help and don't be so hard on yourself. Be patient and try to follow your PT because it is the best way to get your leg work and move again. I know it is difficult to do these basic excercises when you were able to climb and boulder but slow progression is a key.

If you have any questions or need advice I will be happy to help!

Take care!
Kasia

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

10 weeks and still struggling  new
llandon63  9:46pm Feb 18 2018
 Re: 10 weeks and still struggling  new
dcb_Debra  6:02am Feb 19 2018
Kasia  1:46pm Feb 19 2018
Lisa Bouchat  2:28pm Feb 19 2018
Robert Zambenini  10:51pm Feb 19 2018
Pauline M Hall  10:45am Feb 22 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
17 December 2018