Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Month 7: IM Nail Update Plus Questions
Robert Zambenini (47.149.219.---)   11:25pm Feb 26 2018

I did take Percocet, like one at night but that was for my back issue which I had before my fall. I got off that after a month and just take an Aleve in Am and PM.

I had surgery on Sunday and on Monday evening they took me to another local hospital in a rehab ward. At 8AM on Tuesday the PT person took me down to gym, introduced me to my walker and said we are going to teach you to hop on your good leg! At 85 years old (specifically that day was my 85th birthday) I did not see how I would ever hop even with walker. Anyway this was an intensive program, 4 PT sessions a day for next 12 days. I could hop with walker for 30 feet, make transfers from wheelchair to walker, toilet, stand on one foot moving holding counter tops for 20 minutes working in a fake kitchen they had for therapy. Learned to take a sit down bath. And many things so when I went home I was very functional. Now in my 11th week, I get about very well with wheelchair and walker and use my wife's mobility scooter to go to local shopping center and senior center for lunch.
After I got out of rehab hospital and home I had PT persson come and work with my two times a week for next 6 weeks. She did lots of leg and arm exercises and used stretch ban exercises. That at home PT will start again when surgeon releases me to start me toward walking.

I have been very sore and have some pain in my shoulders from all the walker, which I have to use to get to bathroom and bedroom.

One thing was couple of weeks ago I had a great acupuncture session and that really helped my shoulders.

In my 12 week I am getting a bone growth stimulator as that is when its allow by my insurance.

Lots I have read says activity is believed to promote bone growth. I have continued to be very active and been on bone growth diet of high protein, vit c and d. Lots of nuts which I like.

Just hope I see more results on March 16th.

Lauren Mikles wrote:
>
Are you on pain meds?
>
> Iím surprised they got you into physical therapy so soon.

12/9/17 Broke Tib Fib in fall on front porch
12/10/17 Surgery to install rod with screws
12 days In Hosp. PT OT rehab
02/14/18 X Ray shows some Tib closure, Fib healed. Continue 25% wb
03/14/18 X Ray no change, start bone growth stimulator

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Month 7: IM Nail Update Plus Questions  new
Lauren Mikles  9:13pm Feb 25 2018
 Re: Month 7: IM Nail Update Plus Questions  new
Robert Zambenini  1:31pm Feb 26 2018
Lauren Mikles  6:39pm Feb 26 2018
Robert Zambenini  11:25pm Feb 26 2018
Lauren Mikles  3:45pm Mar 7 2018
Kasia  2:10pm Feb 28 2018
Lauren Mikles  3:47pm Mar 7 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
22 September 2018