Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Month 7: IM Nail Update Plus Questions
Kasia    2:10pm Feb 28 2018

I am 14 months post open tib/fib fracture treated with IM nail and 2,5 months post hardware removal surgery. My IM nail was in my tibia for 12 months.

My bones healed after 4 months as well as my soft tissue.

I had a lot of problems with my knee. It felt sore, tight and was painful with dynamic activity (I couldn't run). I did a lot of physio, manual therapy, strenghtening excercises and streching, non of which helped. I still felt that there was something non right with it.

That's why I decided to remove the nail as soon as possible. My surgeon recommended it as well because I am still quite young (31yo) and very active (rock climber). I was afraid of cutting my knee open again but it was the best
decision I could have done. All my previous problems went away. It took about 5-6 weeks for wound to heal and swelling to go down but now I can run again! :-)

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Month 7: IM Nail Update Plus Questions  new
Lauren Mikles  9:13pm Feb 25 2018
 Re: Month 7: IM Nail Update Plus Questions  new
Robert Zambenini  1:31pm Feb 26 2018
Lauren Mikles  6:39pm Feb 26 2018
Robert Zambenini  11:25pm Feb 26 2018
Lauren Mikles  3:45pm Mar 7 2018
Kasia  2:10pm Feb 28 2018
Lauren Mikles  3:47pm Mar 7 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 June 2018