Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Snow, Ice, dog walking and i badly broke my leg
Amy Lynne    10:12am Mar 3 2018

Hi Pete,

I had almost the same exact injury - slip on the ice, spiral tib/fib fracture and plaster from foot to hip. This happened at the end of January, and Iím going in for a follow up next week to get evaluated for a shorter cast. My doctor estimated three months in plaster.

I wonít lie, it is a massive adjustment to learn how to navigate your life in this state. Debraís advice is all really good. I would add that I actually go both up and down stairs on my bottom, because we have a really steep and dodgy staircase I donít want to take any chances on. I also use a rolling desk chair when I have to fend for myself in the kitchen. Finally, a backpack or small bag you can carry while youíre on your crutches helps if you need to bring items from one room to the other.

Above all, be patient and kind with yourself - this is really hard! This community has been really helpful for me, and I hope you get something out of it too.

Hang in there,
xoxo Amy

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Snow, Ice, dog walking and i badly broke my leg  new
Pete White  3:17am Mar 3 2018
 Re: Snow, Ice, dog walking and i badly broke my leg  new
dcb_Debra  7:57am Mar 3 2018
Halo Steve  8:31am Mar 3 2018
Robert Zambenini  9:42am Mar 3 2018
dcb_Debra  12:09pm Mar 3 2018
Amy Lynne  10:12am Mar 3 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 June 2018