Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

11 months still broken and more pain
Dakota aiken    9:14pm Mar 5 2018

Iíve been on and off this page the last year. Sometimes for motivation sometimes for tips or just to see how others are dealing with their injuries. Im Dakota, 22 years old and broke my fibula and tibula 11 months ago!! On April 12 I was riding my motorcycle home from work. When suddenly the traffic ahead stopped abruptly. I had no time to completely avoid the collision. I hit the passenger rear of a car. Flinging me across a lane and leaving me in the gutter. I broke my fibula ain 2 spots my tibula came through the skin. I severed my artery and cut my quad muscle to the bone. Luckily a man rises to my aid and stopped my bleeding. He saved my life which for some reason makes me upset sometimes. Not because I wanted to die. Just how hard life has been the last year I feel like it would have been easier at this point. I had 2 surgeries combined they lasted 6 hours. After 3 months I was walking my fibula healed but my tibula was still non union. Just kept doing pt and pretty much waiting for my tibia to heal. I recived the bone growth machine and used it twice daily for the next 5 months. In December found out my bone is still non union. Had surgery January 17th where they replaced the rod and did a bone graft. I recovered quite fast and I can already walk. The only thing is Iíve recently been in pain again after it went away. Anyone else have any similar situations? Andyone have any tips on how not to let this ruin my life? Itís been so long since Iíve had a normal life it doesnít feel like Iíll ever go back to normal again

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

11 months still broken and more pain  new
Dakota aiken  9:14pm Mar 5 2018
 Re: 11 months still broken and more pain  new
Glen Naui  10:44pm Mar 5 2018
Glen Naui  10:46pm Mar 5 2018
Dakota aiken  1:59am Mar 6 2018
Glen Naui  11:56pm Mar 6 2018
Dakota aiken  12:35am Mar 7 2018
Glen Naui  10:19pm Mar 7 2018
Dakota aiken  12:39am Mar 8 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
17 December 2018