Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Trying to walk on my new cast.. But it hurts SO BAD!
Tara Lyons    1:41pm Mar 9 2018

The backstory is that in late January I broke my tibia in 8 places and tore ligaments in my knee in a skiing accident. I had surgery immediately and spent 2 weeks in the hosptial due to risk of infection. When I came home I got a fiberglass full length leg cast and was non weight bearing. Yesterday my cast was changed to a full length plaster cast with a little rubber walking heel on the bottom. It comes up my thigh a little higher than the other and has my knee casted almost straight with just a little bend. Compared to my fiberglass cast it's a lot heavier. I'm supposed to start trying to walk on it ASAP and use crutches or a cane at first to get used to balancing with it but then start putting full weight on it. Problem is that anytime I put any weight on it, the pain drives me to tears and I have a deep throbbing feeling in my knee. The doctor informed me that this normal and I need to push through if I want to make a full recovery. Worst of all he said that I could be in this cast for up to 3 months because my knee has to heal completely before I can get a shorter one. Maybe I'm just being a baby. At 32 years old this is my first broken bone or serious injury of any kind. Does anybody know anything that would help me? Has anybody been through something similar?

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Trying to walk on my new cast.. But it hurts SO BAD!  new
Tara Lyons  1:41pm Mar 9 2018
 Re: Trying to walk on my new cast.. But it hurts SO BAD!  new
SBH  4:14pm Mar 9 2018
Tara Lyons  7:28pm Mar 9 2018
David A Evans  12:31am Mar 18 2018
Ange  7:22pm Mar 9 2018
Tara Lyons  7:44pm Mar 9 2018
Ange  11:40pm Mar 11 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 June 2018