Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: IM Nail screws knee pain
JayDM (173.243.39.---)   8:03am Mar 12 2018

Hey buddy.

I'm about 6~ months post OP. Was hit by a car as a pedestrian, shattered my tib/fib completely. I am now walking okay, but I have constant pain in my knee every step. It's terrible.

Keep up with the physio, you're super early into everything. 8 weeks is nothing; I've been told to expect pain at least for the first year, if not for a lifetime. My injuries might have been worse though. I have one screw right by me knee cap that bulges out through my skin, and the surgeon agreed that I should have it removed around the 9 month mark. I'm hoping this will help some of the pain, but I have read that the knee is the biggest source of problems for tib/fib fractures, especially those fixed with metal plates/screws.

It will get better, trust me. You're VERY early into the break. By 12 weeks, even 16 you will see a lot more improvement. Don't count the days, count the weeks instead. Keep up with physio it's super important.

I hope one day I can be pain-free and live my life like I did before. Keep on pushing.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

IM Nail screws knee pain  new
JoeT  11:08am Mar 8 2018
 Re: IM Nail screws knee pain  new
JayDM  8:03am Mar 12 2018
Lauren Mikles  8:16pm Mar 12 2018
Alybrokeherleg  11:00pm Mar 16 2018
JoeT  8:44am Mar 18 2018
EdHesson  12:06pm Apr 13 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 June 2018