Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Year and a half update- inflammation and pain
SMM    3:55pm Mar 12 2018

Hi Fuschia,

So good to hear about all the progress. As soon as I read your post, I had a memory of muscle strain. I am NO doctor, but have had tibialis (I think that's what it's called) muscle injuries. There was pain at the lower front part of the shin, and swelling and pain at the ankle. I know the pain increases with certain types of activities. Has flexing the foot forward towards yourself and going up stairs caused an increase? I know the most common causes of this muscle pain are leg injury (and recovery period), overexercise and gait. I would certainly raise the issue with a medical professional. Very likely, if this is your injury, it is fairly mild and should resolve with rest and icing. But I do recommend a medical opinion and adding any advised treatments (if needed) as muscle strains can evolve into more difficult problems. At the very least, it would be good to rule out any possibility.

Best wishes,
Matt

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Year and a half update- inflammation and pain  new
FuschiaNovember1980  2:55pm Mar 12 2018
 Re: Year and a half update- inflammation and pain  new
SMM  3:55pm Mar 12 2018
Signe  2:28pm Mar 18 2018
Kate B  4:18pm Mar 22 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
15 August 2018