Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

First time standing in shower
Lauren Mikles    8:09pm Mar 12 2018

Ok, itís been 8 months since my IM nail and 3 months since nail removal. And I never took out the chair in my bath tub/shower. Iíll be honest, I MILKED IT! I couldíve gotten rid of it one month after my second surgery. So I told me, ďyouíre gonna have to take this chair away from me!Ē I guess itís partially me being overprotective of the leg, and partially me just being lazy and not wanting to stand. Ever felt like you just didnít want to stand even though you know good and well itís not bothering you to stand?

Well from way up there at face level, the shower looked so short, I looked so tall, and it was the oddest sensation EVER to stand in my shower for the first time in 8 months! I didnít even get all the shampoo out of my hair on the first attempt, and you would think it would be easier bc I can move under the shower head. NOPE! Of course, I didnít care for showering standing up, but o know that I have to get back to normal. Anyone else still have odd things you do after your break that you did back when you were crippled but know for a fact you should probably stop doing bc you are COMPLETELY capable? 😂

07/12/17: Spiral tib/fib fracture playing soccer in Palestine on mission trip
07/13/17: Surgery for IM nail @ Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem (Israel)
July 18, 2017: Home (Georgia)
December 19, 2017: Screw removal surgery

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

First time standing in shower  new
Lauren Mikles  8:09pm Mar 12 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
22 October 2018