Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: IM Nail screws knee pain
Lauren Mikles    8:16pm Mar 12 2018

I absolutely agree. You’re going to have ups, downs, and odd plateaus where nothing seems to be getting better. I’m 8 months into recovery. I wasn’t full weight bearing until 3 months. If your doctor is happy with your progress, then accept that as a blessing bc the tibia is a difficult bone to heal. The bone didn’t even show signs of healing until the third month. And I didn’t realize how broken I was until I attempted to walk on it. But it slowly gets better. Sloooooooooooowly.... accept where you are right now. Like, be okay with it. You didn’t lose your leg! Hallelujah and amen!

Jay, YES! Get one screw or from the bottom and one from the top. Leave two in! I felt improvement the day of surgery even though it was painful. It wasn’t as “odd feeling” as having the nail protrude from my skin.

07/12/17: Spiral tib/fib fracture playing soccer in Palestine on mission trip
07/13/17: Surgery for IM nail @ Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem (Israel)
July 18, 2017: Home (Georgia)
December 19, 2017: Screw removal surgery

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

IM Nail screws knee pain  new
JoeT  11:08am Mar 8 2018
 Re: IM Nail screws knee pain  new
JayDM  8:03am Mar 12 2018
Lauren Mikles  8:16pm Mar 12 2018
Alybrokeherleg  11:00pm Mar 16 2018
JoeT  8:44am Mar 18 2018
EdHesson  12:06pm Apr 13 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 June 2018