Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: New here: Operation on Monday on Achilles and other muscles
David A Evans    7:53am Mar 16 2018

Hi - thanks for the reply and suggestions. I have just come back from the hospital as Iíve had my pre-operation checks (all is ok).
I spoke with a nurse from the surgeons team and she told me the type of muscle injury I have is unusual and having to have my Achilles basically cut in half to make good the disaster of the previous operation is unfortunate as it means Iím going to be in the same position as I was when I ruptured it back in 2015.
I asked about what happens post operation and she told me Iíll be in a plaster splint for 10 days or so then go back and get my stickes out and put in the first of a series of casts with my foot gradually being brought up from my toes pointed to the ground to a right angle?
She thinks Iíll be in ďlong castsĒ for about 8 weeks to allow the muscles to heal nr my knee and then maybe a walking boot for the Achilles to continue to heal thereafter .
I saw someone leaving fracture clinic in a long cast this morning - they look especially uncomfortable?

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

New here: Operation on Monday on Achilles and other muscles  new
David A Evans  4:55am Mar 16 2018
 Re: New here: Operation on Monday on Achilles and other muscles  new
Sarahwhiteleg  7:22am Mar 16 2018
 Re: New here: Operation on Monday on Achilles and other muscles  new
David A Evans  7:53am Mar 16 2018
 Feeling very angry  new
David A Evans  11:08am Mar 16 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
25 September 2018