Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Medial Malleolar Fracture - Week 3 - Depressed and Anxious
Ange    6:36pm Mar 16 2018

I just had my 6 week post op xray & followup. Even on that it was hard for my ortho to see exactly how much healing was happening - but he was happy with how it looked on the outside - with your cast coming off, hopefully they can check out yours that way too.

Pain was pretty normal for me at 4 weeks, especially sharp throbbing pain and spasming. Even at 6 weeks I'm still getting a fair bit of pain. I'd just ask the ortho if what you are feeling is 'normal' for your injury.

Also when my cast came off and I went into a boot, the pain in the following week was horrible. I think it was being able to move my ankle after it was in the same position for so long. It does ease off though, so don't push yourself too hard while you get used to the boot

I've been given the all clear to start 25% weight bearing - I'm taking my time over this and I'm probably babying my ankle way too much! I hope you get the all clear on Monday,

Take care

trimalleolar fracture 22 Jan 18
Surgery 30 Jan 18 - 2 plates and 13 screws
Fiberglass cast nwb
NWB In Walker Boot 28 Feb 18
Starting 25% WB 19 Mar 18
Starting 75% wb and one crutch 11 Apr 18

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Medial Malleolar Fracture - Week 3 - Depressed and Anxious  new
Caoimhin  1:17am Mar 12 2018
 Re: Medial Malleolar Fracture - Week 3 - Depressed and Anxious  new
Ange  9:54am Mar 12 2018
Caoimhin  5:27pm Mar 16 2018
Ange  6:36pm Mar 16 2018
Caoimhin  2:10am Mar 20 2018
Ange  12:54pm Mar 20 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
16 July 2018