Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Day of my operation
David A Evans    1:01am Mar 19 2018

Iíve only had to wait a week for my operation due to a cancellation which on the NHS in England is miraculous. And itís now today.
Iíve been nil by mouth since midnight when I last had a glass of
Milk and some toast.
Today has been almost three years in the making since I ruptured my Achilles on holiday in France- we were playing frisbee on the beach and all I did was run and try to catch it. And bang - the tendon exploded and when it ruptured it pulled the top end of my calf muscle with it.
A bodged operation and failure to spot the muscle issue have lead to me satbherrnnow with my overnight bag packed in case I have to stay in hospital after the operation.
Iím feeling a mixture of apprehension, nerves and ďthank goodness todayís here!Ē As Iíve been in absolute agony for at least 7 months as the muscle became more and more useless in my calf which put strain on my shin bones and because Iím stubborn I kept on walking in the hills and gave myself stress fractures and so:
Today is kind of the start of my new right leg I hope. Itís not going to be easy, either today or in the months ahead but my leg HAS to be better than it is feeling right now as I sit here waiting for my lift to the hospital.

Iím finding this site a great help-the advice is great but it also helps me to get my thoughts down if that makes sense?
Iíll chexk in when I can.

Have a great day and I hope your legs are healing well.

Surgery 19.3.18 to repair Achillesí tendon and reattach gastrocnemius muscle to femur, then 3 months in plaster

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Day of my operation  new
David A Evans  1:01am Mar 19 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 April 2018