Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Medial Malleolar Fracture - Week 3 - Depressed and Anxious
Ange    12:54pm Mar 20 2018

Yup the boot is hard work at first! I've got an aircast walker which looks pretty similar to yours. I think they all weigh about the same. And it feels like a lead boot on your foot after the cast. Just keep playing with your straps until you are comfortable. I find im constantly loosening or tightening due to swelling in my ankle til its comfortable.

Sleeping in it is a pain too - like sleeping in a gum boot, but you do eventually get used to it.

I wear mine in the shower still with a bag over top as I'm too scared I'll jar it. But the good thing is I take it off and stick my foot in a bucket of warm water and that feels amazing! You'll have alot of dead skin cells around your foot after being in a cast so this works well to get rid of that.

Its also so nice to air your foot now and then. After the foot bath I usually spend half an hour with it resting on a pillow, b4 putting the boot back on.

Have you started doing flexing exercises yet? Mine were pretty bad at first, but now I can move it around really well - just can't get it to flex up past 90 degrees yet.

I've started weight bearing by sitting and slowly putting pressure on my foot. Waiting to see my PT b4 I do the walking on it thing.

Hang in there with the boot, took me 2 weeks b4 I was happier with it!

trimalleolar fracture 22 Jan 18
Surgery 30 Jan 18 - 2 plates and 13 screws
Fiberglass cast nwb
NWB In Walker Boot 28 Feb 18
Starting 25% WB 19 Mar 18
Starting 75% wb and one crutch 11 Apr 18

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Medial Malleolar Fracture - Week 3 - Depressed and Anxious  new
Caoimhin  1:17am Mar 12 2018
 Re: Medial Malleolar Fracture - Week 3 - Depressed and Anxious  new
Ange  9:54am Mar 12 2018
Caoimhin  5:27pm Mar 16 2018
Ange  6:36pm Mar 16 2018
Caoimhin  2:10am Mar 20 2018
Ange  12:54pm Mar 20 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 April 2018