Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Day 2 post-surgery: leg feels like itís on fire.
Ange    12:24pm Mar 21 2018

Hi David,
With muscle repair and a broken bone I'd expect it to be pretty sore for the first few weeks. I was in a hell of a lot of pain post surgery. Moving it around til you find a comfy position will help - I had my leg up at a 90 degree angle sometimes to try and get relief! Just keep moving positions til its comfy. Use a pillow mountain - softer the better and play with the height.

Take pain relief regularly so that you don't get as much break through pain. If what you are taking isn't enough and means you are still in agony, get hold of your doctor for something else. Keep the leg elevated 24/7 too, that will stop it swelling so much.

I had bad pressure points from the plaster Paris cast that I was in for a week b4 surgery. If its too painful, they can recast it for you.

Finally - keep yourself as distracted from it as you can. Watch TV, read, do puzzles, play games etc. Anything you can do that takes your mind off it. When I was on strong pain killers, I found I couldnt concentrate enough to read a book, yet doing crosswords was fine. I guess that side of my brain wasn't affected!

Hang in there, this is the worst part,
Ange

trimalleolar fracture 22 Jan 18
Surgery 30 Jan 18 - 2 plates and 13 screws
Fiberglass cast nwb
NWB In Walker Boot 28 Feb 18
Starting 25% WB 19 Mar 18
Starting 75% wb and one crutch 11 Apr 18

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Day 2 post-surgery: leg feels like itís on fire.  new
David A Evans  5:47am Mar 21 2018
 Re: Day 2 post-surgery: leg feels like itís on fire.  new
SMM  10:02am Mar 21 2018
David A Evans  11:25am Mar 21 2018
SMM  11:56am Mar 21 2018
Ange  12:24pm Mar 21 2018
David A Evans  4:09pm Mar 21 2018
Ange  9:11pm Mar 21 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 August 2018