Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Poll: Anyone Feel 100% Normal???
Kasia    10:44am Apr 4 2018

Lauren, my fracture was open with a lot of soft tissue damage. It all healed after 4 months which according to my surgeon was very fast considering the severity of the injury.

When I started full weight bearing (3 months post fracture) I developed a knee pain at the surgical site, where the IM nail was put in, that was diagnosed as patellar tendon inflammation/tendinopathy. My rehabilitation was put on hold for another 5 months due to pain and that delayed my recovery a lot. But some pain and stiffness at the knee was still there and couldn't excercise much. I could feel it was the hardware that was causing my discomfort so I had it removed as soon as it was possible (12 months after initial surgery).

Right now the knee pain and stiffness is almost gone. I finally started real rehabilitation, I run, jump and do everything and my leg is getting better and stronger every day. There is some discomfort when I increase load or intensity in my training but that's how it works according to my physio.

There are some numb areas where screws were. When I touch it it's less sensitive but I was said it is normal because when skin in cut they often cut skin nerves as well. Sometimes the feeling comes back sometimes not. Mine hasn't and it probably never will. But I don't really notice it.

I would say I am at 80-85% of the level of fitness I was before my injury. Running at full speed or jumping on one leg is still challanging due to muscle weakness and some pain at the fracture site (which is quite normal after IM nail removal because bone has to get accustomed to new loads) but the leg feel almost normal. With the progress I made in the last month I hope that I will be back at 99% by the summer.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Poll: Anyone Feel 100% Normal???  new
Lauren Mikles  9:24pm Apr 1 2018
 Re: Poll: Anyone Feel 100% Normal???  new
Sox  4:31am Apr 3 2018
Kasia  3:16pm Apr 3 2018
Lauren Mikles  6:17pm Apr 3 2018
Kasia  10:44am Apr 4 2018
Lauren Mikles  5:42pm Apr 4 2018
Kasia  1:17am Apr 7 2018
Alybrokeherleg  5:11am Apr 17 2018
Lauren Mikles  6:18pm Apr 3 2018
Signe  5:35am Apr 4 2018
Lauren Mikles  5:25pm Apr 4 2018
Sox  6:20am Apr 6 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 April 2018