Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Update: pain, low mood and new full leg cast
Ange    11:59am Apr 4 2018

Hi David,
First thing - realise that what you are feeling is completly normal. You are allowed to feel this way with what you are going through. An Achilles repair is one injury that takes the longest to recover from. Feeling helpless is something that happens when you need help for everything. In hospital I had to bite the bullet and page a nurse to help me put undies on over my cast after a shower!

I found my subconscious or brain took about 3 weeks to catch up with my injury. And then it adjusted my movements and way of thinking to adjust - ie after 2 weeks I'd have a broken leg when I dreamnt. Now 10 weeks later I can sleep easily with the boot on. My bruises are all on my non injured leg from whacking it with the boot! ;)

You will adjust, get used to the cast and find ways to adapt. I sorta made it a challenge - ie how can I make a coffee by myself? Then worked out thru trial & error how to do it.

I had my first pt Appt yesterday, been 40% weigh bearing. It was almost funny

trimalleolar fracture 22 Jan 18
Surgery 30 Jan 18 - 2 plates and 13 screws
Fiberglass cast nwb
NWB In Walker Boot 28 Feb 18
Starting 25% WB 19 Mar 18
Starting 75% wb and one crutch 11 Apr 18

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Update: pain, low mood and new full leg cast  new
David A Evans  6:58am Apr 3 2018
 Re: Update: pain, low mood and new full leg cast  new
Ange  11:59am Apr 4 2018
 Re: Update: pain, low mood and new full leg cast  new
Ange  12:04pm Apr 4 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 August 2018