Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Weight Gain
Ange    2:36pm Apr 6 2018

Nah you aren't alone - when you do something like this you have to just deal with it anyway you can. At first I was so nauseated that I didn't want to eat anything, that changed thank goodness :)

I too eat when stressed, if I didn't have my nightly chocolate fix to look forward to, I wouldve gone nuts.

Plus you kinda have to gain weight when your physical exersion rate drops as much as it does when you only have one good leg. I found if I used my crutches instead of knee scooter, I had a better balance of physical activity - but I still gained a fair bit of weight.

Just think about how much activity you WILL be able to do once you are completely healed. Take measurements, use that as a guide as opposed to the scales - you will be gaining a lot of muscle mass.

I'm just starting to walk again, & already I'm pushing myself to walk 500m a day on the crutches, despite hand blisters & ankle pain. My PT is happy with it and the saying goes especially with regard to bone healing 'no pain, no gain'

Good luck with the climbing :)

trimalleolar fracture 22 Jan 18
Surgery 30 Jan 18 - 2 plates and 13 screws
Fiberglass cast nwb
NWB In Walker Boot 28 Feb 18
Starting 25% WB 19 Mar 18
Starting 75% wb and one crutch 11 Apr 18

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Weight Gain  new
llandon63  8:57pm Apr 5 2018
 Re: Weight Gain  new
Ange  2:36pm Apr 6 2018
 Re: Weight Gain  new
Pauline M Hall  1:45pm May 13 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 June 2018